Cycle routes in Fort William.
Fort William Cycle Routes
There’s lots of great cycle routes for all abilities in the area. See route links below or call in when you’re in Fort William and we can point you in the right direction for the cycle routes which are best for you!
Our recommended FULL DAY mountain bike day ride:
- Our favourite route is 27 miles (around 45km) with 1,200 feet of climbing see our Fort William Cycle Route Map here and for the route slightly updates on Google Maps (and nearer 30 miles) see here. Easy/Moderate with optional; extras.
Our recommended HALF DAY routes:
- Take a 10 mile (15km) leisurely flat cycle along The Great Glen Way to The Caledonian Canal where you can enjoy a Cake and Coffee or a lunch stop at the Moorings Hotel. On the cycle route stop to admire Old Inverlochy Castle. Return via the back road before rejoining the Great Glen Way back to Fort William. See here. Easy.
- Take the West Highland to Loch Lundavra then return along the single track road. This is 13 miles long (20km) and has around 1,500 feet of climbing. See here. Difficult.
- For an overview of the cycle friendly routes in Leanachan Forest see here. Various Abilities
- Nevis Range produce their own Trail Map see here. Various Cycle Routes
- For the famous “No Fuss” “Ten Under The Ben” loop see here. Difficult
For TWO / THREE DAY routes:
Join Sustrans Route 78 and cycle from our back door and pedal along the route to the Caledonian Canal. This is a really lovely flat route with great views to Ben Nevis and beyond. It can be pedalled on it’s own or used as day route making a circular route to access Leanachan Forest via Gairlochy and Spean Bridge. Alternatively join the Great Glen Way and Cycle to Inverness along this stunning 72 mile route. If you’re hiring bikes from us you can drop them in Inverness too.
Glen Nevis makes a great half day ride. Turn off the A82 and cycle up the forestry track to the beautiful lower falls.
Hybrid Bike Tour
Our favourite hybrid bike tour is 27 miles long (40km) and has around 1,200 feet of climbing. See it on Google Maps here.
Routes around the Highlands of Scotland
More Sustran Cycling Routes in Scotland can be found here.
For bike hire see here.
Bring your own bike or hire a bike from us and we’ll be able to help and show you which cycle route’s best for you!
There’s lots of local events and races all taking place in and around Fort William. Check out more local events on our own Off Beat Bike Events page.