We are currently recruiting for a full-time Head Bike Mechanic for our shop in Fort William
Summary of Head Bike Mechanic Position:
Reporting to the Shop Manager, the Head Mechanic will be responsible for the effective delivery and running of the workshop including areas of bike hire, bike servicing and bike repairs.
Key requirements of the Head Mechanic include:
• Extensive knowledge and proven track record of maintenance of all types of bikes;
• Excellent customer care skills;
• Great organisational skills;
• Be able to work both on their own and leading a small team in the workshop;
• Qualifications in cycle maintenance an advantage.
|Delivering excellent customer service day in day out||Ensuring customer service is the number one priority on the lower floor.|
|Ensure smooth day to day operations of workshop||Health and Safety in the workshop,
Ensuring good communications between workshop and shop manager,
Ensuring allocated jobs are completed on schedule,
Ensuring Quality Control of all repairs, PDI’s and servicing is completed.
|Costing of workshop jobs||Accurate pricing of jobs to contribute to profitability of workshop.|
|Hire Fleet Maintenance||Maintaining extensive cycle hire fleet.|
|Management of workshop staff||Delegating smaller jobs as appropriate,
Ensuring good communications within the workshop team and that the quality is consistent,
Accountability for all tools and supplies.
|Management of rear of building||Ensuring rear of building accessible, tidy and marketing material is prominent.|
|Continuous learning in Cycle Maintenance||Continued enthusiasm and drive to further knowledge and qualifications already gained.
|Other duties as required||Deliver customer advice on the shop floor as and when required.
Assist the manager as needed in the overall successful operation of the business.
As well as being a great place to work other benefits of working at Off Beat Bikes include:
- Up to 28 Days Holiday per year (including Bank Holidays)
- Attendance at staff bike rides and discounts at other local establishments
After probationary period:
- Opportunities to gain further industry recognised qualifications including Cytec, Bosch and Shimano E-bike Certifications if not held already;
- Access to reduced price parts and accessories;
- Up to 2 discounted bike purchases for personal use per year.
Salary: Competitive – depending on experience and qualifications
To apply please send an email to email@example.com with a covering letter and CV attached.
Closing Date: Monday 18th March 2019